- Minimum 2 years of professional working experience in the Animation, Games, or Visual Effects industry as a Technical Artist (preferably on pipelines).
- Strong knowledge of Python, PyMel, PyQT, and C++.
- Strong knowledge of DCC software such as Maya and 3ds Max (must be able to use and write tools for at least one of them).
- Strong knowledge of the content creation pipeline.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Perforce.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop in-house content creation pipelines and workflows which best suit each project’s nature.
- Provide support and constant improvements to the pipeline to ensure smooth workflow throughout the project’s duration.
- Collaborate and provide support to content creators with custom or new tools.
- Integrate the in-house pipeline and tools with 3rd party systems such as ShotGrid.
- Liaise with the team to inform them of possible new technologies.
- Keep up with the current technological developments and advancements throughout the gaming and cinematic industries.
- Provide custom scripts and tools to support existing and new workflows.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong understanding of the thought processes and workflow for one or more stages in a production pipeline (i.e. Rigging, Shading, Animation, Lighting, Compositing, etc.)
- Experience working with the following:
- Unreal Engine (Blueprint, Alembic workflow, API)
- Universal Scene Description (USD)
- Maya API
- ShotGrid API
- Experience in node-based shader networks.