- Japanese language proficiency equivalent to JLPT N1 or above.
- English language proficiency equivalent to CEFR C1 or above.
- 2 or more years of experience in translation in any industry.
- Experience in verbal interpretation in any industry.
- Good proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Good knowledge of content editing tools.
- Familiarity with translation software is a plus.
- Knowledge in the gaming industry is a plus.
- Translate various types of documents from Japanese to English and vice versa.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Cross-reference dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs.
- Research industry-specific terminology.
- Interpret in specific types of meetings from Japanese to English and vice versa.
- Provide clear and accurate interpretations of verbal communication.
- Quick learner
- Time management
- Team player
- Excellent communications skills